Expedited appointment availability is extremely limited and unfortunately the majority of requests cannot be accommodated.
If your unforeseen travel need meets one of the criteria listed below, you may request an expedited appointment.
Emergency situations include:
- Death/funeral of a close relative
- F, M, or J program students or exchange visitors who need to begin or resume a valid program of study starting before the first available appointment date
- English as a Second Language (ESL) programs that have rolling admissions DO NOT qualify for expedite appointments
- Requests for F, M, and J expedites must include a copy of your passport, I-20, and SEVIS payment receipt.
- Medical and humanitarian emergency traveler with life threatening emergencies
- Urgent business travel of particular concern to an American business.
Please send an email requesting an expedited appointment explaining the reasons for your request. The consular staff will evaluate your case and get back to you with an answer via email. Once at the interview you will be asked to present documentary evidence to prove the urgency.