Temporary Employment & Business

Temporary employment visas are for persons who want to enter the United States for employment lasting a fixed period of time, and are not considered permanent or indefinite. Each of these visas requires the prospective employer to first file a petition with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). An approved petition is required to apply for a temporary employment visa.

See our Temporary Employment Visa Categories on usvisas.state.gov to determine which visa category might be appropriate for your purpose of travel to the United States.

Information About Reciprocity Fees

Executive Order 13780, which was signed by the President in March 2017, required the Department of State to undertake a worldwide review of nonimmigrant visa reciprocity agreements.  After careful review of the visa regime of Benin, the reciprocity provisions of U.S. law require the Department of State to bring parity to those visa categories where there is a current imbalance in the total cost of obtaining a visa.

Effective January 21, 2020, the following supplementary reciprocity fees are required for the issuance of approved visa applications for Beninese passport holders in the following categories.  Please note, these reciprocity fees are in addition to the application fee and are paid only if the visa application is approved.

Visa Category Fee
F1/F2 – Students (6-month visa) $0
F1/F2 – Students (36-month visa) $681
H1B/H4 – Workers $651
I – Journalists $87
L1/L2 – Transfer Workers $57
R1/R2 – Religious Workers $502

Rate:  1 USD = 650 CFA rounded up to the nearest thousand.

If you are a holder of a passport from a different nationality or would like more information about reciprocity fees, please visit travel.state.gov.