The U.S. Embassy informs U.S. citizens in Benin that until further notice, U.S. Embassy personnel are prohibited from travelling to or staying at Parc W, the regional national park located on Benin’s border with Burkina Faso and Niger. U.S. citizens are encouraged to follow the same guidance.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution,Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information for Benin.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Cotonou. The U.S. Embassy in Cotonou is located on Marina Boulevard and is open Monday-Thursday from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., and Friday from 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. The Embassy’s mailing address is 01 BP 2012, Cotonou, Benin. If you are a U.S. citizen in need of urgent assistance, the emergency number for the U.S. Embassy is (229) 21-30-06-50.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.