Event: On April 3, the Government of Benin extended its closure of all places of worship through April 19.
Visit the COVID-19 website of the Government of Benin for additional information on the measures it is taking to limit the spread of COVID-19.
U.S. citizens who wish to return to the United States should make commercial flight arrangements immediately. Those choosing to shelter in place should prepare to remain abroad for an indefinite period. The U.S. government does not anticipate arranging repatriation flights from Benin at this time.
Pending sufficient demand for seats, Ethiopian Airlines is offering a flight to Addis Ababa on April 11 with an onward connection to Washington, DC. U.S. citizens who want to return to the United States are strongly urged to work with Ethiopian Airlines while this flight remains available.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- Visit the Government of Benin’s COVID-19 website (in French) or call the Government’s COVID-19 hotline at 51 02 00 00 / 51 04 00 00 for information on current government measures.
- Follow all government and law enforcement procedures and instructions.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information regarding foreign countries’ quarantine requirements and other global impacts.
- Make plans to depart Benin without U.S. Government assistance.
- Prepare to shelter in place for an indefinite period of time if remaining in Benin, including ensuring you have an adequate supply of prescription medication.