Event: As of March 10, 2020, there are no suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Benin.
On March 3, 2020, the Beninese Ministry of Health released an advisory regarding the potential for COVID-19 in Benin. The language of the advisory is available on its website (Communiqué du ministre de la Santé (in French)).
Persons entering Benin who are coming from countries affected by COVID-19 (including countries with only a single case of COVID-19) must identify themselves by calling the COVID-19 hotline (+229 95 36 11 07 or +229 51 04 00 00). Such persons must self-isolate for a period of 14 days and may be subject to additional screening and/or relocation to a quarantine facility.
Actions to Take:
- Review travel plans carefully and make preparations to abide by Benin’s self-isolation policy upon arrival or re-entry into Benin.
- Follow all screening procedures while arriving at a port of entry in Benin.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Benin.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- Seek medical care right away if you believe you may have COVID-19 (or similar symptoms) or were exposed to someone who may have COVID-19 in the last six weeks.
- U.S. Embassy Cotonou, Benin
U.S. Embassy Cotonou
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Benin Country Specific Information
- Enroll in Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter